Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best of Both Worlds - Orange County Children's Photographer

I really have the best of both worlds.  I am a stay-at-home mom to two of the sweetest, cutest little girls, and I also get to pursue photography and do something that I love.  I spend my days with the kids, and I do my editing at night once everyone is asleep (or oddly early in the morning, depending on my mood). My kids get to spend alone time with their dad when I am at work, and I only schedule shoots when I know he can be home to take care of our kidlets.  I always loved photography...when I was in elementary school and junior high my girlfriends and I would set up photo shoots and entertain ourselves all day by taking pictures  and dressing up.  In high school I took some photography classes, but my real passion for the art began once my oldest daughter, Sawyer, was born.  When Sawyer was born she instantly changed my life.  I desperately wanted to capture every single solitary moment, and I constantly prayed that I would be able to freeze time and savor the moments forever.  Since the freezing of time wasn't really working out for me, I turned to the camera.  I always have a camera close by and I constantly have my finger on the shutter.  I was even lucky enough to capture Sawyer's first steps, go me.  I make it a goal to take at least one picture of each kid every single day for their first year of their life.  I successfully accomplished that task with Sawyer, and now I am doing it for Harper as well.  Since I enjoyed capturing my family life so much, I decided to start capturing those special moments for other people as well, and that is how I ended up where I am now.  It gives me so much joy when I get to capture the love and happiness in other people's lives - there is nothing better than sweet memories.  


Capture it.  Remember it.


(more images from this shoot coming soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment